CompTIA Security+ SY0-501
CompTIA Security+ SY0-501 Certification:
CompTIA Security+ is the certification globally trusted to validate foundational, vendor-neutral IT security knowledge and skills. As a benchmark for best practices in IT security, this certification training covers the essential principles for network security and risk management – making it an important stepping stone of an IT security career.
The CompTIA Security+ certification training will enable learners to gain knowledge and skills required to install and configure systems to secure applications, networks, and devices; perform threat analysis and respond with appropriate mitigation techniques; participate in risk mitigation activities; operate with an awareness of applicable policies, laws, and regulations. Upon successfully validating their skills by passing the certification exam learners will be able to perform these tasks to support the principles of confidentiality, integrity, and availability.
CompTIA Security+ meets the ISO 17024 standard and is approved by U.S. Department of Defense to fulfill Directive 8570.01-M requirements. Once you obtain your Security+ you automatically have the CE designation required in the DoD Directive 8570.01 manual and going forward must comply with the CE program requirement of completing 50 CEUs in three years to maintain the credential. Security+ is also compliant with government regulations under the Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA).
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, Security Specialists, Administrators and Managers earn over $86,000 per year
- Comprehend Risk identification and mitigation
- Provide operational, information, application and infrastructure level security
- Secure the network to maintain availability, integrity and confidentiality of critical information
- Operate within a set of rules, policies and regulations wherever applicable
There are no specific prerequisites to take up this certification but it is recommended that individuals take the Network+ certification before taking the Security+ SYO-501 training and certification exam.
- Basic familiarity with PCs and networks.
- There are no specific prerequisites, since the course covers all the topics in detail.
- It is a good idea to understand CompTIA A+ and Network+, or to be certified in these topics.
- Risk management
- Authentication and authorization
- Host, LAN, and application security
- Wireless, cloud, and mobile security
- Environmental security and controls
Candidates who want to be CompTIA Security+ SYO-501 certified must pass the SY0-501 exam. The exam consists of: Maximum of 90 questions Duration of the exam is 90 minutes the minimum passing score is 750 with differential pricing as per your region.