CompTIA Network+ Certification:
Network+ (Network Plus) is a mid-level certification for network technicians. This certification is designed to test the competency of a mid-level network technician in supporting and configuring TCP/IP clients in terms of network design, cabling, hardware setup, configuration, installation, support, and troubleshooting.
The Network+ certification is sponsored by CompTIA, which is the Computing Technology Industry Association (formerly ABCD: The Microcomputer Industry Association).
The Network+ exam contains situational, traditional, and identification types of questions. The Network+ exam is open to anybody, although it is designed to be taken by those with at least 18 months of on-the-job experience as a network technician, as well as the A+ certification or equivalent knowledge.
The Network+ exam tests the ability of a networking technician to install, maintain, troubleshoot, and support a network, and understand various aspects of networking technologies, including TCP/IP and the OSI model. It also tests knowledge of network components and where they function in association with the OSI model, network cabling, network security, and network troubleshooting. People who took the test before December 31, 2010 retain certification for life; those receiving certification January 1, 2011 or later need to reobtain certification after three years.
CompTIA also sponsors certification for document imaging (Certified Document Imaging Architect [CDIA]) and a hardware certification exam (A+). The CompTIA certifications are usually more basic and less product-specific than other certifications, such as Microsoft’s MCSE or a Novell CNE.
The course covers all the exam topics including:
- Network architectures
- Cabling and topology
- Ethernet basics
- Network Installation
- TCP/IP applications and network protocols
- Network naming
- Advanced networking devices
- Remote connectivity
- Wireless networking
- Virtualization and cloud computing
- Network operations
- Managing risk
This is a Total Network+ Course and covers everything a good tech needs to know and prepares you to pass the CompTIA Network+ Certification exam.
Who this course is for:
- This course is intended for anyone that is preparing for a network technician position or looking to improve their skills and become CompTIA Network+ Certified. However, it goes beyond that and will give you the skills you need to be a better network tech on the job.
- This is a complete and comprehensive CompTIA Network+ Certification (N10-007) course. It is designed to prepare the student to be able to take and pass the certification exam needed to become CompTIA Network+ Certified.
The CompTIA Network+ N10-007 test includes 90 questions of different formats such as multiple-choice questions with single/multiple answers, drag and drop, hotspots. The exam duration is 90 minutes. During this time, an individual must achieve the required passing score – 720 on a scale of 100-900.
Network+ ensures an IT professional has the knowledge and skills to:
- Design and implement functional networks
- Configure, manage, and maintain essential network devices
- Use devices such as switches and routers to segment network traffic and create resilient networks
- Identify benefits and drawbacks of existing network configurations
- Implement network security, standards, and protocols
- Troubleshoot network problems
- Support the creation of virtualized networks