CCNA Course Outline
Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Certification
CISCO Certified Network Associate or CCNA is a top demanded IT certification by Cisco Systems. CCNA is a well-known certification exam among computer network engineers. It was introduced in 1998 by Cisco. The Cisco CCNA certification program is a pre-requisite for all kind of entry-level Network Engineers, Network Administrators, Network Support Engineers and Network Technicians. Cisco CCNA enables candidates to get set for the most recent network technologies they are probably going to work on and covers a wide range of network concepts and ideas.
The Cisco CCNA certification exam validates the skills:
- Scaling and Connecting Networks
- Validation and implementation of connections via remote sites using WAN
- To comprehend, operate, design and troubleshoot medium-level switched and routed networks
The Cisco CCNA is the first step in Cisco Certifications that is designed to develop your expertise in installing, configuring, operating and troubleshooting small to medium size routing and switching networks.
Requirements for Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Certification
As such there are no prerequisites to CCNA certification but as per Cisco, both the CCENT and the CCT certifications are starting points for individuals interested in started their career as a network professional but both these certifications are not compulsory for CCNA industrial exam.
Network Engineer role & responsibilities
- Network engineer is the one who design, execute, and implement network for its users and is connected to internetwork services.
- A network engineer’s job is to supervise the both network & end user devices, ensuring that they are working well.
- A network engineer also creates and set up the way in which the network can be managed and configured. Adding programs, hardware, software, checking computers and designing communication networks.
- Network engineering is concerned with Internet working, Computer Network, Telecommunication and Broadcasting.
- Network engineers works on different computer networks range including, Global Area Network(GAN), Metropolitan Area Network(MAN) and Wide Area Network(WAN).
Required Qualifications: Anyone can work as a network engineer and earn a lot. It is open to all graduates (graduation not compulsory) but if someone is not linked with technology, mathematics, physics, network engineering, computer software and security management, then it will be very challenging to do this job, But no need to worry, we offer one to one Training for those who are not good in basics too. Our entry level course which deals with computer and network fundamentals is absolutely free.
Network Engineer Salary
It’s not fix or easy task to determine the exact salary of a network engineer because there are various posts, Expertise and different kind of jobs also, but an average salary of a certified network engineer in Pakistan is Rs. 600000 – 1200000 per year, while the salary of a network engineer in UK, USA Canada & Australia is approximately $60,000 – $75,000 and it can be vary widely depending on various factors.
Start your career with CCNA Certification
First of all, it’s optional to qualify entry level exam which is known as Cisco Certified Entry Network Technician(CCENT), after which you can gain CCNA certification. There are various tracks on CCNA and which one you choose totally depends on your choice. Routing & Switching, Service Provider, Wireless, Service Provider’s Operation, Voice, Data Center, Security and Design specifications are the tracks of CCNA.
BUT OUR RECOMMENDATION IS ROUTING & SWITCHING AS IT’S THE BASIC CCNA.
Additional Skills-: In addition to the certificate, you must also have good skills.
- Network engineer should be master of its network field.
- A high level of patience and good communication skills.
- To recognize the importance of client’s needs.
- Patience, connected with upgraded technology, analysis and problem-solving attitude are some necessary skills to become a good network engineer.
If you really want to start CCNA Training & looking to learn from Cisco Certified Trainers, you can contact us.
Important thing for a Network Engineer
Our todays networks are complex and multivendor based networks. As different technologies of network are available in different vendor’s devices, price & support of different vendor’s is also variable. Only few companies are vendor conscious most of the companies are cost conscious so our network engineers mostly have to work in multivendor environment. To overcome this problem, we offer a bundle offer for our students.
PAY FOR SINGLE COURSE AND GET TRAINING OF THREE COURSES
CCNA COURSE OUTLINE
- Intro to CCNA & Exam Criteria
- Fundamentals of networking
- Types of Medium
- Physical & Logical addresses
- OSI Reference Model
- CISCO Router & Switch Basic Configuration
- Router Security and Password Recovery
- Static and Default Routing
- Routed and Routing Protocol
- Routing Information Protocol V1&V2
- Enhanced Interior Gateway Protocol (EIGRP)
- Open Shortest Path First (OSPFv2)
- Intermediate Services – Intermediate Services (IS-IS)
- Border Gateway Routing Protocol (BGP)
- Internet Protocol v6 (IPv6)
- RIPng (for IPv6)
- EIGRP for IPv6
- OSPFv3 for IPv6
- Class full & Class less sub-netting
- Named and Numbered ACLs
- Network Address Translation
- Frame Relay Switching
- Telnet & SSH
- CDP, NTP, TFTP, POE & DHCP
- VLAN Trunking Protocol (VTP)
- Dynamic Trunking Protocol (DTP)
- Standard & Extended VLAN
- Inter-VLAN Routing
- Spanning Tree Protocol (STP)
- Ether Channel (L2 & L3)
- First Hope Redundancy Protocols (FHRP)
- Switch port security (Layer2)
- 802Dot1x authentication
- SNMP, IPSLA, SYSLOG